Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Spin the Bin 2023

For the past couple of years I have participated in a "Spin the Bin" over on Ravelry. It is a personal challenge to collect together a bin of fibre (of at least 24 ounces), and spin it up within the year.

This was my bin of fibre for this year.
I started with 851g/30.1oz of fibre.
Mainly fibre that had been in my stash for over 5 years, that was too coarse to make garments with.
There is linen, a wool and linen blend, and some generic wool.
This is all the finished yarn!
1651m/1806yds of yarn, all for weaving.
The first project on the loom was with the wool and linen blend (an 80/20 blend from Louet). Some is natural and some I dyed before spinning. 
It is an overshot table runner.

This is what is on the loom now. Another overshot weaving. The warp and tabby weft are a commercial yarn (Harrisville Shetland), and the pattern weft is handspun wool that I had dyed before spinning in an assortment of colours. I thought that the 'busy' yarn needed a simple pattern, so chose a pattern with squares.

Pets -



All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...