Friday, May 13, 2022

Lots of Projects!

I started a new quilting project -

A simple half-square triangle quilt.
Hard to believe just those two piles of cut squares will make a queen size quilt, but I think my math is right. This will be a long term project for when I just want to sew for a bit. 
I cut 5" squares - 313 of light fabric and 313 of dark fabric.
I am piecing them like this, and trimming the blocks to 4+1/2" (using one of my favourite rulers - one reason I am making a quilt like this. The main reason is because I wanted to use up some fabric so I could justify buying more - soon there will be quilt shows to go to!).
The layout for the quilt will be 25x25 blocks, with 625 blocks. The blocks will be 4" when finished. The quilt should be 100" square. So far I have pieced and trimmed 200 blocks.

I have a few other projects on the go - 

A twill scarf on the loom. This is with commercial yarn (I dyed one of the skeins).
More sock yarn being spun (the last of the bundles for my 12 pairs of handspun socks for the year).
#7 of my handspun socks for the year is on the needles.
I am also working on a cross stitch (using floss that I dyed).
This is a pattern by Brenda Gervais that I modified (I didn't want to stitch over one, so changed the 'O'). It is supposed to say 'Let's Stay Home and Stitch', but I think I might just have 'Let's Stay Home' because those are words that sing to us at our home.

Last week I finished a little knitted container. This is entrelac that I felted, knit from some handspun merino. It was a fun little knit. Works great on my loom to hold some tools. The pattern is Cuppa Joe by Gwen Botner.

Photos from Around - 

Molly found an old tunnel that had been dug in a snow drift earlier in the year, and Miss Maggie had to come and see where she had gone.
The melting snow revealed lots of damaged trees - branches ripped off by heavy settling snow.
So many trees with vole damage.
When every thing is dry (and it stops raining) there will be lots to clean up.

But this week the snow finally all melted!

Everything is so green.
Trees are budding out.
The first little flowers are blooming in the garden.
Molly spotted some geese by the other pond.
Lots of little pine trees growing everywhere.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...