Monday, April 22, 2019

Another Type of Creativity

With all the renovations going on I haven't had much crafting time, but I did finally get a vest that I have been working on into one piece. 

this photo is washed out
It started with the back and knit until the end of the armhole, and then stitches were picked up for each front. Now that everything is joined into one, it is much easier. 

closer to the true colour
The pattern is Capture a Cozy Moment by Carol Sunday (a paid for pattern on Raverly). It is a very straight forward pattern, with a lovely brioche collar (all knit stitches, not a purl in sight!). I am using some handspun Merino, that I dyed and spun a few years ago. I don't have enough yarn to make it like the pattern, but it still should be a good size for a vest. I will just keep knitting until I run out of yarn.

In the top photo you can also see what we have been working on - new hardwood flooring! I get to lay out the boards - another type of creativity - joins can't be too close, needs a good mix of colour and lengths... lots of fun, and so worthwhile.



With all the boxes of flooring being used the little cat lost her favourite perch to look out the window (I did put in a new box for her to watch the birds).

Now for more photos of my surroundings -

the full moon last week
raining in the distance
so calm
full moon reflecting on the pond
coming home after Easter dinner
 All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...