Monday, March 4, 2019

Still Progressing!

My sweater is still progressing nicely - I just have a bit more to knit.

I did finish combing another bit of raw fleece - this one just over 100g.

As part of my experimenting with the raw fleeces, I tried dyeing it in a pot for a change. I find that the spun yarn is easy to dye, but the unspun fibre doesn't take the dye as easily. Dyeing it in a pot seemed to work really well.

I am making a three ply yarn, I hope for socks (the above photo shows the dyed fibre, drum carded fibre and the first spun bobbin).

cleaned fibre drying

I also washed up another raw fleece.

The big news at our house is that finally renovations have started! So many different kinds of baseboards and trims.
the cat watching the partridges from her perch
4' high drifts and more blowing snow
All the best!♥︎

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...