Monday, December 17, 2018

Frosty Days

Thanks to every one who gave me tips on the potato zapper bag. I haven't been tempted to repair the burnt one, or tried making another. The microwave just has a faint burnt smell now, luckily since the bag was all cotton it just kind of smells like burnt wood.


I made one more Gnome this week (the appropriately named pattern is Never Not Gnoming by Sarah Schira), all left over handspun yarn.


I dyed up some wool this past week. I had won the wool a couple of years ago, and since it isn't really next to skin soft I decided to dye it and spin it just for fun (usually I spin for a specific project). I experimented with different colours, and spinning my default yarn (two ply, fingering weight, short backward draw). They are all just over 50 grams each.


These are the first two skeins (the top one is fractal spun).

Now for more winter pictures (we had some really frosty days that were so beautiful)-

sunrise
walking in the trees


The flock of partridges digging holes scratching for seeds-


Here is where they either landed or took off-

sparkly snow too
This past weekend the other pond melted a bit and we discovered that there are fish in there (we didn't know since it is a man made pond) -


These ones ended up getting caught in the ice since only the top few inches of snow and ice melted in parts.

close up
They are a couple of inches long. It was quite a surprise to see.


You can see where the ice melted and the weight of the snow fell in.

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...