Monday, August 13, 2018

Finished Shawl

This week's quilt along blocks - 


I can see this one needs to be pressed better -


It is the Sampler 1880 Sew Along block from the Temecula Quilt Company blog, a 4" block.


This one is the Moda Blockhead 2, block #10 'Ducks and Ducklings', a 12" block.

This week I finished knitting a shawl with some of my first handspun yarn.


The pattern is Campside by Alicia Plummer, a free pattern from Pom Pom Magazine.


Not only is the yarn from 2013 when I first started spinning, but it is also one of my first hand dyed yarns. It is a soft merino alpaca blend (one ply of each). I had started a couple other projects with this yarn, but they never seemed right. I am really happy with this.


I also finished weaving this little sample project using leftover handspun from the Granny Stripe blanket. I'll probably make a pillow with it.

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...