Monday, July 9, 2018

Flying Geese


Both of the quilt along blocks for this week had the same size Flying Geese blocks.


The Moda Blockhead block #5 (Impact) is a 24" block (the centre square is 8").  Since it is so large (and I am not making the actual quilt) I plan on adding appliqué to this block.


The Temecula Quilt Company 1880 Sampler Sew Along block is 4".


For other sewing I made some pattern weights. The pattern/tutorial is from Tea Rose Home


They are so cute and tiny, plus they were very easy to make. I used scraps of Liberty Fabric (there is a Liberty Scrap Challenge on Instagram with Ava and Neve). They are stuffed with BB's and crushed walnut shells. I am going to have to make some more!


Tour de Fleece (a spinning event over on Ravelry that takes place during the Tour de France) started this weekend. This is the fibre I hope to spin during the three weeks. All raw fleece that I washed and prepared.


I am working on the biggest amount first. I am spinning it with a lot of twist for a future weaving project.


For knitting I started an Entrelac project just because it had been so long since I have knitted this technique (using Merino I dyed and spun recently).

 All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...