Thursday, May 18, 2017

Seems To Be A Theme

I have finished a few things recently and they are all red - it just happens to be my favourite colour.


I made a few pillows to go on my bed along with my new quilt, and the whole cloth anniversary quilt I made a few years ago. The two pillow shams are just sewn out of rectangles of fabric, with a layer of batting for support, and a little flange stitched around the edge.


The little cushion is a piece of cross stitch on linen, with a fabric border and matching binding.


The larger pillow is a piece of fabric with free motion quilted feathers - 


I started by marking and stitching the feather 'stems', plus the tips of the feathers,


and then stitching in all the 'lobes' freehand. These are 'Bump-Bump' feathers. I used a layer of cotton batting with a full layer of wool batting on top.


I added parallel lines for the background - you can see a few of the lines that I marked with a Hera marker as a guide for the angle. Super quick and easy to make!


Here is how they all look on my bed. When I made my anniversary quilt the plan was to have it as a backdrop for other quilts, and I love this more formal look.


I also finished knitting a red vest using some hand dyed, hand spun merino and silk. It is light weight and perfect for this time of the year (more details on my Ravelry page if you are on Ravelry).


For a change I started a scarf using some green/blue hand dyed, hand spun yarn. This is a free pattern on Ravelry called Waves of the Atlantic by Deborah Wilson. It is an easy knit, and all the magic is in the blocking.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...