Friday, June 3, 2016

Finished Blocks and a Linen Doily

It is nice to stay caught up on QAL blocks for a change!


These are the two Circa 2016 blocks for this week.


I recently spun some flax to make linen tassels for a little project. It was the first time I have ever spun pure flax and it turned out to be much easier than I had anticipated. I came out quite fine - about light fingering to lace weight.


Since I had a bit of linen left over, I thought it would be interesting to see how it would knit up. Rather than just making a swatch I knitted a doily (about 12"). It really softened up as I knit (I did 'beat' and boil the finished yarn to help soften it before too) and was lovely to work with. I am looking forward to spinning more flax for a bigger project.


Here is the finished project along with more flax ready for spinning. This flax top is from Louet.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

3 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Loving the Circa '16 blocks. It's late in the game... but I'm still tempted to jump in. It's blocks like yours in the colors you are doing that is really pulling my arm.

Raewyn said...

The flax has spun and knitted up beautifully Joanne! And your little QAL blocks are so cute :-)

Uouo Uo said...

Your blog is very impressive and have the useful information it is really caught my attention.


great work

تصميم مواقع





good job Beautiful! :)

حراج السيارات