Wednesday, September 30, 2015

About Time I Blogged!

Almost a month has gone by since I blogged, I am still making things - life is good! Picture heavy post.

I machine quilted a quilt top that my Mother pieced - 


The pattern is Emma by Bella Moon. It is a great fat quarter pattern.


This quilt is a fraternal twin to a quilt I made earlier in the summer (these will be gifts).

I have a few knitting finishes -


Hand spun socks,


and a bulky cowl - this is the Tanis Fibre Arts Year in Colour project for September.

I also started spinning again (I took a month off after the Tour de Fleece) -


This is Polwarth wool that I spun lace weight.


It is from this wool top that I gradient dyed.

Now I am working on a blended yarn - 
I started with Merino wool that I dyed shades of pink, purple, red and black, natural Gotland Grey wool and black silk.


I blended it on a blending board.


The above photo is of the rolags (the cinnamon bun shaped fibre), spun yarn and knitted sample.

Fall brings a bounty from the garden, and I have been doing some preserving - yum! 

Fruit Chutney
Tomatoes ready for roasting
After roasting and being pureed into tomato sauce
Lots of Canada Geese in the field behind our home - a sure sign of fall too-





This was the best photo I managed to take of the lunar eclipse on Sunday- it was a perfect evening to watch it.

butterfly in the garden
freshly unfolded poppy in the morning light
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...