Sunday, October 13, 2013

Art Quilts of the Month

I finally got caught up with my Art Quilts of the Month!


This is the August one. We went on a road trip to Alberta at the end of August, and crossed the prairies. This little quilt was inspired by the views from the car.


This is a photo from Saskatchewan.


For September I chose an appliqué of a Gloriosa Daisy - they were blooming beautifully in the garden. It is invisible machine appliqué because I taught a class on it in September.


For October I painted a piece of fabric in fall colours, added leaves with metallic paint, and then stitched falling leaves.


Here are all ten quilts so far - the year is flying by! These are 6" x 8" mini quilts.

I was lucky enough to Skype with a friend this weekend while we sewed, and I made another hexagon.


This is a design by Mickey Depre.


Only three so far. I have no plans for these, I just wanted to try making hexagons.


I finished spinning the skein of wool that I hand dyed. It is almost 200g of fingering weight 100% wool. It is a gift for my Mom.


This was the first ply along with the fibre for the second ply - I love seeing how the dyed fibre spins into yarn.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...