Sunday, September 6, 2026

Week 36 of 2026

This week I finished hemming tea towels, and knotting fringes on table runners of my latest handwoven project-

This was woven as part of a weave along on Ravelry for the Marguerite P. Davison in Colour Group. The draft is the Rose Point Pattern on p 86 in the green book. I used 2/16 cotton for the warp and tabby weft, and 2/8 cotton for the pattern weft (all from Maurice Brassard). I used treadle sequence II for the yellow towel, and treadle sequence I for the all the others. More details can be found on my Ravelry project page.
This week has really been all about preserving apples - apple sauce, spiced apple sauce, freeze dried apples, and I tried something new, apple jam (the jars on the left, next to the apple sauce, link to the recipe I used), I am hoping it will be good to flavour homemade yogurt.

Pets - 
Miss Maggie has been spending a lot more time sleeping inside during the day (we still have summer weather).
GingerSnap! is always up to something.
Molly was hoping for a ride in the little truck.
A treat is how we get the chickens back in the coop after a day out.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...