I am pleased to say that I finally finished this art quilt -
I had lots of fun making it, and trying new techniques.
I painted a piece of wet fabric (with regular fabric paint) and then sprinkled salt on it.
This was how it looked when it was dry (the salt pulls the paint around into interesting patterns).
I quilted leaves and swirls in the painted area, and a 1/2" grid on the border.
I filled in the grid with different fillers. I also added beads, and a quilted leaf attached to a piece of heavy copper wire, that I hammered for texture. This piece is about 13" x 17".
This past week I dyed some wool fibre. I recently discovered a new blog - Pat's Knitting and Quilting, Pat makes the most incredible things! I was so inspired, and I have a few ideas I want to try. I just need to finish a sweater before I get started spinning (then knitting).
I am working on the neck band, and then just the button bands left to go.
|It looks like winter is here to stay!|