I finished the apple core table runner (the binding took a long time to stitch down).
It is 52" x 16". It took a 20" square of fabric for the bias binding. I am so glad that I had posted a tutorial for Apple Cores, because I sure needed it for this project. You may think my tutorials are for you, but they are really for me to refer to!
Close up of the quilting - it was inspired by one of the fabrics Cotton batting, and Invisafil thread on top, Aurifil in the bobbin, with a #70 Microtex needle.
The appliqué is an original design. I do have a PDF for the appliqué pattern. If you would like a copy, you can email me (link here) and I will forward it to you. I am still working out how to post PDF's.
I used 33 Apple Cores cut with the GO!, but the appliqué design would work on anything.
I really like appliqué on a "monochromatic" pieced background. Here is another example of one I made-
This stool cover is made using a Tri-Recs ruler (there are more details here), and the quilting design is based on a design from Ivory Spring (Bird Feather Quilting Motif).
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!♥